Arbor Day - As a result of our Paperless Statement campaign in January through April, the Arbor Day Foundation has planted 93 trees in Whatcom, Skagit and Snohomish counties in Washington, as part of a 100,000 tree project. If you would like to read about the project, download Washington State Department of Natural Resources.
American Riviera Bank is honored to support the following organizations in our community:
- Braille Institute
- CalCPA Channel CountiesChapter
- Cliff Drive Day Care
- Center for Successful Aging
- Cold Springs School
- Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse
- Elings Park Foundation
- First Tee Central Coast
- Girls Inc
- Hope School
- Land Trust for Santa Barbara
- Lobero Theatre Foundation
- Mental Health Association of Santa Barbara
- Monte Vista Elementary
- Montessori Center School
- National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
- Page Youth Center
- Partners in Education
- Peabody Charter School
- Profant Foundation for the Arts
- Rotary Club
- Santa Barbara Athletic Roundtable
- Santa Barbara Chamber Orchestra
- Santa Barbara Downtown Organization
- Santa Barbara Historical Museum
- Santa Barbara International Marathon
- Santa Barbara Symphony
- Scholarship Foundation of Santa Barbara
- Semana Nautica Association
- State Street Ballet
- Visiting Nurse and Hospice Care
- Youth & Family Services YMCA
American Heart Walk – September 2009: Employees and their families as well as directors participated in this 5K walk in Santa Barbara for our 3rd year.
Teach Kids to Save – This year all 19 American Riviera Employees including executive management will be hitting the classrooms in Santa Barbara elementary schools to teach Tips on Savings. We will be reaching over 650 children from K – 6 grades.
Santa Barbara International Marathon - This year the Bank was a sponsor of the first Santa Barbara International Marathon. Our President, Jeff DeVine, ran the full marathon and finished in an impressive 3:07.35. We also had a team in the marathon relay – CFO, Michelle Martinich started us off and ran the first leg of 6.8 miles; followed by Chief Credit Officer, Ken Jacobsen who ran the next leg of 6.4 miles. Laurie Leighty ran the 4.7 mile third leg. And our finisher was Stevie Balfour-Ritchie who ran the grueling last leg of 8.3 miles. The team finished in 4:08.57.
Women and Girls in Sports Luncheon – The bank was a key sponsor of this fabulous annual event put on by the Santa Barbara Athletic Roundtable. This year's speaker was Christa Gannon – who delivered a heartfelt and eloquent message to over 350 high school and college female athletes in the audience.
National Association of Women Business Owners - President Jeff DeVine will be speaking to this group as part of a panel discussion of the SB Chapters Program called "Where's the Money: How can businesses get financing in today's economy?"